Calling intent with sample utterances

amazon-alexa

Ive created intents that make API calls using request-promise. They work fine if i route them from the LAUNCH intent but I am unable to call them independently using the sample utterances. Also in the LAUNCH intent, before it redirects to another intent i’ve used this.tell() but that message isnt spoken. The intent should also store some data that ive retrieve from the API calls.

async LAUNCH() {
        this.tell('Skill has been launched');
        return this.toIntent('VerifyOTPIntent');
        }
async VerifyOTPIntent() {
        details = await VerifyOTP();
        this.tell('Hi '+ details.firstName + ' ' + details.lastName);        
        return details;
        }

Each request-response pair can only have one tell (the message is returned in the end, not while still routing). Learn more here:

In your VerifyOTPIntent, are you seeing any errors? I would add a const in front of the details variable. Also, why are you returning the details?

Thank you for responding. I apologize for the late response. I’m afraid I was making stupid errors in calling the intents so once I figured it out everything worked out fine. And I am returning details because I would want other intents to also make use of the information stored in details. I haven’t worked with node.js before this. I hope I’m not redundantly returning details or anything.