Error Message "ENOENT"

ENOENT No such file or directory. The specified file or directory does not exist or cannot be found. This message can occur whenever a specified file does not exist or a component of a path does not specify an existing directory.

Would anybody have an idea where I can find a reference to the missing directory or the missing file?

I’m brand new to Jovo and man, am I impressed with the product.

EDIT: I was reading earlier references related to this issue of mine and I noticed that I do not have a file named “it_IT.json” anywhere in my project file tree. Is this file supposed to be in the project somewhere?

Hi @Michael_Reynolds, welcome to the Jovo community :tada:

When does this error occur? When you’re doing jovo run? Do you have any error logs that show what file this is about?

You only need an it_IT file if you build something for the Italian language.

Thanks, Jan, for the rapid response. Jovo run triggers the error. Here is about all the logs that I have.

$ jovo run

jovo run: Runs a local development server (webhook).

Learn more: https://jovo.tech/docs/cli/run

node:events:371
throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event
^

Error: spawn node ENOENT
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:282:19)
at onErrorNT (node:internal/child_process:480:16)
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)
Emitted ‘error’ event on ChildProcess instance at:
at ChildProcess.cp.emit (C:\Users\mreyn\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\jovo-cli\node_modules\cross-spawn\lib\enoent.js:34:29)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (node:internal/child_process:288:12)
at onErrorNT (node:internal/child_process:480:16)
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21) {
errno: -4058,
code: ‘ENOENT’,
syscall: ‘spawn node’,
path: ‘node’,
spawnargs: [
‘index.js’,
‘–ignore’,
‘db/’,
‘–ignore’,
'test/
’,
‘–webhook’,
‘–jovo-webhook’,
‘–color’
]
}

Thank you. Could you tell us more about your environment?

• OS and version
  • Jovo CLI version
  • Node version

Windows 10 Home Version 21H1

Jovo packages of current project:
jovo-db-filedb: 3.0.14
jovo-framework: 3.5.2
jovo-platform-alexa: 3.5.4
jovo-platform-googleassistant: 3.5.4
jovo-plugin-debugger: 3.0.14

Node v16.5.0
PS C:\T

I really just need a little input. Where can I find a detailed, call stack log? I just need to identify the “missing files / missing folders”.

I’ve looked for this bug and it seems like it could be a local installation error. Could you double check the path where the Jovo CLI was installed? Here’s a Stackoverflow thread that looks promising: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27688804/how-do-i-debug-error-spawn-enoent-on-node-js

Thanks Jan. I never doubted that the error was mine. I was primarily looking for a more detailed log. Does one exist?

Hey @Michael_Reynolds

Do you get the same error with new Jovo projects right after jovo new ?

no. only Jovo run

Sorry, that was a bit misleading. I meant jovo run, but for new projects, not the project in the screenshots from the post above.