Feature Proposal: Jovo typescript build with webpack for serverless (AWS)

deployment

Sure - i worked my way through the error messages and sadly did not take notes. It will take some time to reconstruct what i have done. its not a one switch and everything works approach.

@AlexSwe Here is a deployment option I am currently exploring to deploy the same Jovo code to 2 separate Lambda Functions using serverless deploy

I don’t have the solution, but I do have a sample project the sets up the scenario:

I want to know if it is possible to still use npm run bundle to build bundle.zip and then copy that ZIP to the .serverless folder as AlexaSkill.zip and GoogleAction.zip and then continue with the serverless deploy of the Lambda, IAM roles, DynamoDB, and API Gateway.

Let me know what you think or someone skilled at serverless, help me know if there is an existing plugin that will solve this or are skilled to create a plugin that would.

Thanks!

I found a solution that I am happy with.

The commands to execute are:

$ jovo build --stage prod
$ jovo deploy --stage prod -t model
$ jovo deploy --stage prod -t info
$ npm run bundle
$ sls deploy --stage prod

Here is a partial serverless.yml file that shows how to use the bundle.zip as the artifact for all 3 lambda functions for different platforms:

Nice! We’re planning to support the Serverless Framework in v4. I’ll come back to you with questions in a few weeks :slight_smile:

@marktucker we are using the same option:

artifact: ./bundle.zip

and this works well since a while now.

you can pass this to your function definition to limit access of your skill to the lambda (multiple Skills on one backend => multiple Events):

events:
- alexaSkill: XYZ #### SkillID in Develeoper Account