How to write, scan, and query a DynamoDB table

amazon-alexa

I am using Jovo to develop an Alexa skill that will allow a group of echo devices access the same information.
I intend to achieve this by using the email address the echo devices are registered with and the device IDs, please can someone help me with information on how to manipulate the DynamoDB adequately.

Hi @EMMANUEL_AJAERO! :wave:

This sounds interesting, though admittedly I haven’t fully understood what you’re trying to achieve. Can you elaborate a bit on what kind of information you’d want the different devices to share, and in how far the current DynamoDB intrgration doesn’t suffice?

If you want to integrate another DynamoDB table, the AWS-SDK with the Document Client is a solid way to do it. To get an idea, you can check out how it’s done in the Jovo Framework’s own DynamoDB integration.

Hope that helps! :smiley: :

Thanks for your comment. What I want to learn is how I can read all the items in a table into my lambda function modify the read data and return in to the table over-writing the original data in the table with the new data.
Though I have not checked out the link you sent me in details but if you have a simple way for me to achieve what I just described you can help me further.

This video might be helpful:

In addition to the great tutorial video that @jan posted, I think you can find the commands you need in the following documentation:

Hope this helps! :smiley:

Thanks for the support I will try it out