Jovo debugging in Visual Studio

Are these steps still valid for v3? i tried these steps and also mentioned steps in comment but it didn’t work.

Steps followed
1 - Downloaded mentioned npm package.
2 - Updated config file to below.

3 - jovo run --inspect
4 - I see in comment debugger started but i don’t see it stop on breakpoint in app.js
5 - I also tried option mentioned in comment.

Can someone please guide me if I am doing anything wrong. Also I see name tag in config file, not sure what value that contain? do I have to pass App name?

Hey @akshayru,

please copy the configuration from the tutorial, as it satisfies jovo-cli@v3. In comparison with your posted config, the program file path changes, and the --inspect flag expects a port as a value.

Best regards,
Ruben

{
    "version": "0.2.0",
    "configurations": [
        {
            "type": "node",
            "request": "launch",
            "name": "Launch Program",
            "program": "${workspaceFolder}/node_modules/.bin/jovo",
            "args": [
                "run",
                "--inspect=9229"
            ],
            "port": 9229,
            "autoAttachChildProcesses": true,
        }
    ]
}

Well i did try this, but isn’t that changed with v3 old way and tutorial is not updated.I did see that in comments. Also what should be value of “name” tag?

Did you try it with the configuration I posted above?

Yes and that gives me below error. Sorry i am just new to VS and Nodejs so in learning process, and not sure if i missed anything basic here. I also tried adding outFile attribute but was not sure what to enter path.

Could you try to change it to /node_modules/jovo-cli/bin/run?

Thanks for quick response, that worked. Actually i am having weird error, my skill works fine if i run on Alexa but in Jovo debugger it doesn’t find route handler. Could not find the route "NextIntent" in your handler function… As i am able to debug now, i see same issue, when its trying to read it says undefined. Do you think is this something with build or local run?