Jovo States and Google Actions Builder Scenes

Hi everyone,

Does someone already have experiences with using jovo states together with actions builder scenes?
Does it make sense to use both or is it better to go with one or the other?
Or is it something totally different and I just don’t see it?

I’m asking because I have a speech app with 20 something intents and I would like to build more of a conversation flow. It shouldn’t be possible to call all intents at all time but only if you are in the right state of the conversation.
Now it seems like this is possible with the new scenes of actions builder. But what about the alexa skill, there I would still need the states from jovo. Is that correct?

Thanks for your help

I to have been fighting with this, and my recommendation for now is to stay with using Jovo States, as the integration with Conversational Actions appears to be in its ‘infancy’. If you move to scenes now, you will have a lot of duplicate code and/or ‘toIntents’ in your ON_SCENE handler, and probably a bunch more state handling. Here’s to better integration in V 4.0.

Thank you for your advice. That’s what I was afraid of. It would be pretty nice to build a conversation flow within the new UI for conversational Actions. But also I don’t like to mix two different approaches inside the app logic.