Jovo unable to locate ask-cli

amazon-alexa
cli

I followed all instruction but unable to deploy the first example, Ask configuration is correct as I can deploy using ask deploy but jovo deploy always gives me below error.

On side note, does git need to be installed on local machine to get it work, ask deploy need git to download and install as received error for that.

Adding more details, after installing git i can see ask-cli (ask deploy) command works but not jovo deploy.

After watching few old video, i was able to do manual deployment to lambda and get it working. But it looks like some defect with jovo deploy, its unable to find out ask-cli on my machine.

Which version of ASK CLI are you using?

I am using ask cli version - 2.0.0.

Hi @akshayru is your default ask profile set to the account where that skill is created. You might want to check by running :

ask init

after running it set the default ask profile to the account where the desired skill is.

I guess i am still doing something wrong, what value we should enter for skilla package path and lambda path. ?

This is related to the latest update to ASK CLI. Working on a fix right now.

Here’s more info:

Thanks,
I just did downgrade to ask-cli and it worked.

Just for the record, ask init now initiates a new ask skill project. To configure your ask profiles, run ask configure.

When first time deploy failed i thought that and run ask configure alone, but that didn’t resolve the issue.