Just brainstorming, re debugger

… We know there were behavioral differences in V3 between the debugger and the actual platforms; I ran into that when working on my audio player, for example. I don’t know whether v4 has addressed those, but if it hasn’t…

… I’m wondering how much behavior is actually implemented in the debugger, and whether it might make sense to implement debugging as a client for the “real” application once it has been fired up as a server or lambda or whatever, using the platform’s own text-based debugging input plus some Jovo hooks (and possibly some proxying) to allow monitoring the interaction’s messages.

If nothing else,this might be a convenient way to get a dump of actual JSON traffic during operation without having to manually patch in temporary logging.

(With due consideration of not opening security holes, of course.)

It’s half a thought, and half an hour from now I may be proven to be a half-wit, but I figured I’d toss it out in case there’s a kernel of something useful there.

Thank you for the input

If I understand it correctly, this should already work! (both v3 and v4 Debugger)

• Open the Debugger in your browser
  • Use the same URL as a webhook endpoint, for example in the Alexa Developer Console
  • Use the Alexa Simulator to test the experience and send requests to your Jovo app using the Jovo Webhook
  • The Debugger will display these requests as well