At the Jovo HQ we recently talked about how useful ‘classic’ relational databases like MySQL are, especially for use cases like highscores and leaderboards (in fact, both @AlexSwe and I use them in our respective voice games ).
Jovo already offers a MySQL integration for storing user data. In order to provide voice devs with an easy start to extending this powerful tool for additional tables, we created this sample project:
The game itself isn’t much fun, but it contains elements that can be used for far more engaging and interesting effects:
- How to set up and integrate a MySQL database instance with AWS RDS
- How to set up additional tables in your existing database
- How to store your custom database config
- How to insert new items to your table
- How to query your table to get the user’s rank
Let us know if this has been helpful to you, what cool features you have built with relational databases, and where you would like for us to provide more resources!