Set name of alexa skill depending on stage

amazon-alexa

Hey, thanks for this great framework!

Could you tell me how I am able to set the name of an Alexa skill depending on the stage I am using? We have a set up of endpoint, skill-id, invocation etc depending on stage but I can’t figure out how to set the name.

Thanks
Tobias

your skill name is like an constant- u don’t chage it (and i think u even can’t). U can change it in the dev console or in the skill.json and deploy it but you cant change it during a session ofc. This also makes completly no sense!

if u meant just showing a diffrent name in a card or template or telling a diffrent skill name to the user thats not a big deal (just have to change a string here).

but explain to me why you want to change the skill name during a session? Makes no sense to me

Hey, thanks for taking your time!

I don’t want to change the name of my skill during a session, but per stage (dev, test, prod). We do local development (our dev stage) with our own amazon accounts, but we have a test and prod skill on the same account, which should have different names, like “my fancy skill” and “my fancy skill test”.

I can, for example, change my invocation name per stage by setting it in the project.js. I thought, maybe there’s something similar I could do to change the name of the skill.

Nevermind. I found it in the docu. Don’t know why I didn’t see that part earlier.

Ah yes. For reference, people can find it here: https://www.jovo.tech/docs/project-js#skilljson-overrides

Hi @jan ,
is this still possible? (to set the skill name depending on the build/Deploy stage)
I couldn’t find any hint for changing the skill name for different stages.
Only Invocation name and intents.
Thanks for any clues.

After some deep dive into your whole documentation. I think the explanation about the skilljson-overrides is now here:

With this it’s now working for me.

module.exports = {
  stages: {
    dev: {
      alexaSkill: {
      endpoint: '...',
      skillId: '...',
      languageModel: {
        'en-US': {
          invocation: '...',
        },
        'de-DE': {