Staging using project.js and config.js

I am trying to understand how to deploy various version of file, i tried following instruction online but they are seems to be old and with Jovo 3 not working. I see no failure but nothing gets deployed. I am trying to set 3 config file, local,qa and prod and based on project.js i want to choose correct config file for db. Now project.js deploys correct code for qa and local skills but i am unable to link config file which it can use, when i have new DyanamoDB() in code its always trying to execute that and fail. Now i can comment and get it working but just trying to see how to use it in proper way and how to use correct config file. I did set .env also…

module.exports = {
stages: {
  dev: {
    endpoint: '${JOVO_WEBHOOK_URL}',
    alexaSkill: {
      skillId: 'amzn1.ask.skill.1988aeea-f33e-40c3-bf46'
    }
  },
  test: {
    alexaSkill: {
      endpoint: '${JOVO_WEBHOOK_URL}',  
     skillId: 'amzn1.ask.skill.9b105a08-374a-4c7c-b812'
    },
    googleAction: {
      dialogflow: {
        endpoint: 'some-api-gateway-endpoint'
      }
    }
  },
  prod: {
  }}
}

For app configuration staging, you need to make changes to the config.js (you’re displaying the project.js, which is only relevant for project-specific stuff).

Take a look here: https://www.jovo.tech/docs/staging#app-configuration-stages

We also recently fixed a bug with app config staging, please run jovo update and try again.

@jan i did made changes in config file, i have config file for dev and test. The thing i am asking is, how does project.js knows which file to check? Do i have to do anything? Because when i am doing dev or test deploy it doesn’t take correct config file. You can see below 2 separate config file named ask config.js and config.test.js

Did you add the stage to the environment variables on Lambda?

It’s explained at the bottom of the link that I shared: https://www.jovo.tech/docs/staging#app-configuration-stages

yes i did… but it was still taking my filedb instead of dynamodb.

Did you update to the latest Jovo version?

Yes i did try that but now getting different error. If you look at screenshot i do have pause intent under AudioPlayer but it still fail with that error. Plus one more error askAPIUpdateModel error, not sure what is that.

Does your language model contain the AMAZON.PauseIntent?

Thanks @rubenaeg ,
That helped, i was able to deploy. Does this only deploy skill and i have to deploy lambda function differently? I have the arn endpoint specified in project.js but it only deploy skill, based on console it skipped lambda deployment.