Could Someone Give me Guidelines for Allowing Support in Multiple Languages in Jovo?

google-assistant
amazon-alexa
language-model

Hello everyone :wave:

I am currently working on a project where I need to add multi language support to a Jovo application. While the Jovo material has been useful; I am looking for suggestions and suggestions for improvement from individuals with personal experience with similar projects.

• What are the best methods for identifying a users language and their preference? Should I depend on platform language settings such as alexa; google assistant, and should I create a custom solution that asks users for their selected language at the first communication?
  • How do you manage and organise your translations successfully? Are there specific applications and services you suggest to handle explanations? I have found information about i18next, but I want to know if there are any other solutions that work well with Jovo.
  • How do you manage information that must vary significantly between languages, as well as simple translation? For example, when particular features and reactions must be adjusted according to cultural contexts; how can these changes be controlled inside the Jovo structure?
  • What methods do you use to test language support? Are there certain devices and addresses you have found to be successful in verifying that all language differences are successfully resolved and that the user experience is effortless?
  • Have you had performance difficulties I should be aware of while setting up language support? How can I improve the performance of my Jovo software to handle several languages more efficiently?
  • How do you deal with situations in which a translation has been removed and the users language selection is not accepted? What are the best guidelines for setting up emergency methods to ensure the user continues to have a great experience?

Also I explored some topics related to this https://community.jovo.tech/t/using-i18next-i18next-intervalplural-gcp-postprocessor-with-jovo/884 but I did not get the sufficient solution of my query so I would really want to get some help from a more experienced person.

I am excited to learn about your experiences and any advice and suggestions you can give. multi language support is critical for reaching a larger audience; :innocent: and I want to make sure that it is performed as successfully and user friendly as acceptable.

Thank you in advance for your help:heart:

Hello @Tinsley:grinning::grinning:
When you add multi-language support to your Jovo application you should consider a hybrid approach that combines platform language settings with a custom solution that asks users for their preferred language and to manage translations with tools like i18next, LinguiJS, or FormatJS, and separate language files for easy management. Test language support using simulators, emulators, and user testing. Optimize performance with lazy loading, caching, and compressed translation files. Handle removed translations and user preferences with fallback languages, graceful degradation, and emergency methods. Make sure to keep translations up-to-date, use language-specific resources, and monitor performance.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: