Testing Tuesday: Loop it šŸ†

reviews
testing-tuesday

In this episode of #TestingTuesday @jan and I reviewed ā€œLoop Itā€ by the amazing Stuart Pocklington - The Skill that won the Granz Prize of the Alexa Skill Multimodal Challenge.

We look forward to discussing the Skill in more detail here, such as:

• What do you like/dislike about the Skill that we didnā€™t cover?
  • Which potential features do you see that would increase engagement and retention of this Skill?
  • What are your thoughts on the general use case of music/content creation via voice?

Stuart just mentioned on Twitter that he is using SSML instead of the Alexa AudioPlayer Interface:

Very interesting. I wouldnā€™t have thought SSML audio has such good quality.

This certainly opens up a lot of possibilities like adding sound effects ā€œon the flyā€ as mentioned in the video. If you think about using voice/natural language as a deep link (ā€œmake the bass a little louderā€) this could be attractive. Compared to a typical music production interface:

Looking forward to seeing whatā€™s added next.

I noticed a bit of friction in the skill when you gave a number without the drums/bass/melody prefix. Iā€™m going to work on removing that.

I definitely like the idea of giving users more control to edit loops. Iā€™ve got something Iā€™m calling ā€˜drum drumā€™ that Iā€™ve thought about adding, it would add a drum pad for users to tap their own beat, but I need to figure out how to overcome latency with APL and how the maintenan the voicefirst experience